Disciplines of Spiritual / part 8 /

Lectio Divina/Devotional Reading ( Unit 22 )

•    Lord, Jesus Christ, show leniency toward me." Whisper these words tenderly or say them in your psyche. Dispose of every other idea. Be tranquil, driving forward and rehash them again and again.
•    The Jesus Prayer consolidates "Child of David, show benevolence toward me" (Luke 18:39) with "God, show leniency toward me, a delinquent." (Luke 18:13)

 

Lectio Divina/Devotional Reading ( Unit 23 )

•    More precedents of the Jesus Prayer:

•    Breath in "Abba", breath out "I have a place with you."

•    Breath in "Shepherd", breath out "bring home my lost child."

•    Breath in Holy One." breath out "keep me unadulterated in heart."

 

Lectio Divina/Devotional Reading ( Unit 24 )

•    Lectio - Read the word. Read the Scripture moderate and boisterous, waiting over the words so they reverberate in your heart. At the point when a word or expression grabs your eye, don't continue perusing. Stop and take care of what God is stating to you. Be available to the word. Try not to examine it or judge it. Tune in and pause.

0 Comments